Author Topic: Khalid Abdul Muhammad  (Read 1405 times)

Offline AnaRose

• Spotlight Soaker
Khalid Abdul Muhammad
« on: March 29, 2008, 12:05:58 AM »
Anyone heard of the guy?

I was watching tv a few minutes ago, and this documentary (kinda) was on, and it was about him. It was pretty old, before the year 2000.
And, like I'm not trying to start a discussion about white/black people, but that really freaked me out.
The interviwer was like, looking at some pants that were made of horse skin, and Khalid said that he wouldn't mind if they were made out of white man's skin :ohnoes:

Khallid Abdul Muhammad (born Harold Moore Jr.; January 12, 1948-February 17, 2001) was an ex-felon who served time in a Texas prison for insurance fraud and a leading figure in the Black Nationalist movement throughout the 1990s and early 2000s. Muhammad was known prominently as the National Assistant to Min. Louis Farrakhan of the Nation of Islam (NOI) until 1993 and later served as the National Chairman of the New Black Panther Party until his death in 2001.

Muhammad often courted controversy with speeches that were anti-white, antisemitic and homophobic.

Muhammad joined the Nation of islam, which was then under the leadership of Elijah Muhammad, while attending Dillard in 1970. He changed his name to Brother Harold X, became Minister Louis Farrakhan's protégé, and was active as a recruiter within the organization. In 1978 Muhammad was appointed Western Regional Minister of the Nation of Islam and leader of Mosque #27. In 1983, Minister Farrakhan named him Khalid after the Islamic general Khalid ibn al-Walid, a follower of Muhammad, calling him "the Sword of Allah".

By 1985, Muhammad had become one of Louis Farrakhan's most trusted advisors in the Nation of Islam. He accompanied Farrakhan on fund-raising trips to Libya, where he became well acquainted with Muammar al-Gaddafi. Muhammad's dedication to Farrakhan and to the message of the NOI eventually secured him the title of national spokesman and he was named one of Louis Farrakhan's top lieutenants in 1981. He served at Nation of Islam mosques in New York and Atlanta throughout the decade, and in 1991 he became Farrakhan's personal assistant.

Muhammad's new position involved public speaking engagements, known for his inflammatory anti-white, antisemitic and anti-homosexual speeches along with notions of black self-empowerment and black separation. Muhammad's condemnation of whites and Jews extended to conservative blacks, whom he criticised for what he perceived as their self-subjugation:

" When white folks can't defeat you they'll always find some Negro, some boot-licking, butt-licking, bamboozled, half-baked, half-fried, sissified, punkified, pasteurized, homogenized Nigger that they can trot out in front of you. "

In 1993, following a speech at Kean College in Union Township, Union County, New Jersey, in which he referred to Jews as "bloodsuckers"; labeled the Pope a "no-good cracker"; and advocated the murder of any and all white South Africans who would not leave the nation subsequent to a warning period of 24 hours, the United States Senate voted 97-0 to censure Muhammad, and the United States House of Representatives in a special session passed a House Resolution. When he was also reprimanded by the NOI he subsequently left the organization. There is some question as to whether he was removed from the organization by Louis Farrakhan or if his departure was, in fact, voluntary. In 1994, Muhammad appeared on The Phil Donahue Show in an appearance that featured Muhammad engaging in heated arguments with Jewish audience members amid an explanation of his controversial remarks.

Muhammad was shot by James Bess, a former NOI member, after he spoke at the University of California at Riverside on May 29, 1994. Muhammad believed the shooting was a part of a conspiracy against him.

After being stripped of his position as NOI spokesman, Muhammad became the national chairman of the New Black Panther Party. On May 21, 1997, he delivered a heated speech at San Francisco State University in which he criticised Jews, whites, Catholics and homosexuals. He endorsed a Holocaust denial position, asserted Jewish control over U.S. policy, and alleged Jewish involvement in various conspiracies.

In 1998 Muhammad organized the Million Youth March in New York City. The march was controversial from its inception as New York Mayor Rudolph Guiliani denied organizers a permit, calling it a "hate march." A court ruled that the event could go on, but scaled back its duration and size. At the conclusion of the rally just as Muhammad appeared on the stage to speak, the demonstration was buzzed by a low flying police helicopter which acted as a signal for more than 3,000 police in riot gear, including some mounted on horseback, to storm the crowd. In response, Muhammad exhorted the rally participants to disperse to avoid the oncoming police pogrom, but to beat the police with rails and to shoot them with their own guns in self-defense if attacked. Dozens were arrested and 16 officers and five civilians were injured.[3] [4] Mayor Rudolph Giuliani said the march turned out to be precisely what he predicted, one "filled with hatred, horrible, awful, vicious, anti-Semitic and other anti-white rhetoric, as well as exhortations to kill people, murder people. The speeches given today should not occur anyplace."

In subsequent activism, Muhammad convened a second march in 1999 that drew roughly 200 participants and no incidents with the police.

In 2000, Muhammad's beliefs were introduced to a completely new demographic when it was revealed that one of the contestants on the American version of the Dutch television show Big Brother, William Collins (Hiram Ashantee), turned out to be a field marshal for the New Black Panther Party. In the press, Muhammad criticised the cast member, William Collins for complimenting a white woman. Muhammad was notably featured by the hip-hop group Public Enemy on the intro to its song "Night of the Living Baseheads."

In 2001, Muhammad died suddenly of a brain aneurysm in Atlanta, Georgia, at the age of 53.

Muhammad is still venerated by members of the New Black Panther Party and seen as the de facto father of the movement. The organization is currently headed by Malik Zulu Shabazz. The majority of Black leaders consider him to have been a shameful figure whose embarassing rhetoric hindered Black progress.

- Some of his quotes: -

"We don't owe [the whites] nothing in South Africa...we give him 24 hours to get out of town, by sundown. That's all. If he won't get out of town by sundown, we kill everything white that ain't right in South Africa. We kill the women, we kill the children, we kill the babies. We kill the blind, we kill the crippled, we kill 'em all. We kill the faggot, we kill the lesbian—goddammit, we kill them all." (Speech at Kean College, NJ, November 29, 1993)

"Tell us you lost 6 million. Historians, scholars, scientists, they went to some of the death camps. It wasn't 6 million, it wasn't 5 million, it wasn't 4 million, it wasn't even 3 million. Some of them say we'd be hard-pressed to get 1 1/2 million. Reports on the 6 million Jews murdered by the Nazis were bloated, exaggerated, probably fabricated." (Brooklyn, NY, March 29, 1994)

"The white race is absolutely disagreeable to get along with in peace. No other people on the face of the earth have been able to get along with white people since white people have been on our planet." (Said on Louis Theroux's Weird Weekends.)

:ohnoes:

Offline sunnyp

• Spotlight Soaker
Re: Khalid Abdul Muhammad
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 06:13:53 AM »
Yeah I've heard of the guy.

If he spouts any more of his shit then his own more tolerant brothers might even turn on him. He needs to watch his mouth.

Anyway, his own words have meant he has needed bodyguard protection 24 hours a day. That's no way to live your life. If he had half a brain he would realise that you can achieve a lot more by being subtle sometimes.
'SunnyP on the Southside Fuckin up your programme'

Offline The Spaghetti Incident?

• ChiDem Frontline
  • A Has-Been Arsehole..
    • My MySpace!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 06:25:48 AM »
He's dead.. Has been since 2001 :lol:

Every race have their extremists, don't be too harsh on him, he actually has a right to say some of that bullshit, including the South African thing, white's don't deserve to occupy it, same can be said for Australia, Aborigines were supposedly the polar opposite of hostile, even offering gifts and the like.. Yet they were slaughtered.. Perhaps the civilized whites truly were evil..

Not saying I agree nor sympathize, but white people have fucked up alot of things.
sig too big -BP EDIT   can only be 60px height

Offline sunnyp

• Spotlight Soaker
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 06:29:04 AM »
Ah, there I was assuming he was still alive. My bad.

Assuming makes an ass out of u and me.
'SunnyP on the Southside Fuckin up your programme'

Offline GGS

• Spotlight Soaker
  • Shit Talker Extraordinaire
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 07:28:08 AM »
I love convert's to Islam making themselves look stupid.
SILKWORMS IS OUR SALVATION, RELEASE SILKWORMS

Offline AnaRose

• Spotlight Soaker
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 10:12:32 AM »
He's dead.. Has been since 2001 :lol:

Every race have their extremists, don't be too harsh on him, he actually has a right to say some of that bullshit, including the South African thing, white's don't deserve to occupy it, same can be said for Australia, Aborigines were supposedly the polar opposite of hostile, even offering gifts and the like.. Yet they were slaughtered.. Perhaps the civilized whites truly were evil..

Not saying I agree nor sympathize, but white people have fucked up alot of things.
Yeah, I know he's dead, lol.

And I'm not saying white people haven't fucked up a lot neither. I just mentioned the guy, because I saw it on tv.
I'm pretty sure there are white people who think like him (about black people).
All I'm saying is, what have we become? I mean, it looks like we all hate each other. White people see some black guy doing something, and immediatly they're all considered bad (well not everyone of course, thank god). And then black people see white people doing something they don't approve, and then the whole race's considered racist. I mean come on.

I know about the past, and it really makes me sick. I just don't feel that revenge is going to erase it.

GNR Audio N' Video
GNR Tracker