'ChiDem' Lounge > EVERYTHING GUITAR

Marshall AVT 150

<< < (2/4) > >>

SlashThis:
Yeah, I'd recommend going with an all-valve combo amp.

I used to have an old 50 watt valve amp and was able to hear myself well over drums.
The Marshall JVM 2X12 50 watt combo is sick and can hold up in a jam session. The Vintage Modern series aren't bad either.

If I were you, I'd save up my money and get the best amp possible. I've spent so much money upgrading from shittier amps. I probably would've saved a lot of money and frustration by buying the best right away.

Gunner89:
i guess you guys are right, its excessive and unneccesary, at the moment i've got a Vox AD30VT, i suppose this counts as a good combo valve amp and more than loud enough. I was thinking about combo amps and i found a Marshall AVT150XT, which is the tribute edition, just wondering if thats better than the Vox i have now? I am also in two minds whether to buy a AC30 or not. Thanks for the replies.

PurpleHaze:
Getting an AVT combo would be, at best, a sideways move from what you already have. Most people would see it as a downgrade, though.

Unless you wanna spend some serious wedge, just stick with what you have. It's fine.

Sean:
Vox AD30VT is by far not a proper valve amp...    its not even a valve amp. I have one....   its a valvetronix. electric piss that holds a tube in the ... preamp section?  that colors the sound a bit. its really solidstate

nemo:

--- Quote from: Sean - BP on December 23, 2008, 02:18:13 AM ---Vox AD30VT is by far not a proper valve amp...    its not even a valve amp. I have one....   its a valvetronix. electric piss that holds a tube in the ... preamp section?  that colors the sound a bit. its really solidstate

--- End quote ---

By the way, if you get Sixx's SoundCity can I have your Classic 20?

Speaking of which, a 2nd hand classic 20 (although a 30 would be easier to track down since they still make them) is probably what the dude who wants a new amp should be looking for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version