Author Topic: robin shouldn't be X  (Read 2367 times)

Offline fincksta

• ChiDem Rocker
  • Guns N' Roses Was Here!
robin shouldn't be X
« on: February 02, 2012, 12:21:19 PM »
  • Publish
  • robin shouldn't be an X member. robin left the band well in his prime. robin hasn't even reached his prime yet as a rock n roll guitarist. robin was breakin new ground on chinese democracy with TIL and Better. among others. doesn't make sense robin's not in guns n roses. you know robin left just before he could achieve commercial fortune and fame with a guns n roses record publicly. look, slash had his fortune in fame with appetite and the illusions. several music videos. you could be mine from T2. don't cry video. the EPIC november rain music video. the classic sweet child o' mine black and white vid. among others. slash had his hard work payoff with fame in guns n roses. robin didn't get the chance to have this happen with his blood work with the band. robin left before it was goin down at bestbuy. doesn't feel right for robin to be X. it doesn't feel right for robin not to be in guns n roses. robin shouldn't be X guns n roses. doesn't feel right!!!!!!!!

Offline ripper1

• GNR Shredder
    • whatever rocks your socks*
    Re: robin shouldn't be X
    « Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 02:53:01 PM »
  • Publish
  • Why post it twice?
    Stand for something or you will die
    for nothing.

Offline fincksta

• ChiDem Rocker
    « Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 04:04:30 PM »
  • Publish
  • Why post it twice?

it was an accident lol i tried to remove one of them. wouldn't let me do it. but it doesn't feel right robin is X. robin shouldn't be X. since most of the current guns n roses album called chinese democracy is robin finck

Offline Chase the Ace

• Spotlight Soaker
    • baddest man on the planet
    « Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 07:25:56 PM »
  • Publish
  • Well he left, so he is an ex-bandmate.

Offline fincksta

• ChiDem Rocker
    « Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 08:21:00 PM »
  • Publish
  • Well he left, so he is an ex-bandmate.

yeah. he left. he should not have left. he left before his time. left before he hit his prime with guns n roses. we don't know why robin left either. a lot of unanswered questions with robin finck and guns n roses
    « Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 08:25:53 PM by fincksta »

Offline Robbie

• CD Charter Mofo
    • ChiDem Frontline
    « Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 09:52:48 PM »
  • Publish
  • Who is this kid?

Offline Axl66

• ChiDem Rocker
    « Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 10:37:54 PM »
  • Publish
  • Robin's finck mom...or a freak  :paranoid:

Offline fincksta

• ChiDem Rocker
    « Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 04:27:47 AM »
  • Publish
  • i'm someone who thinks axl should given robin a chance to do his work live on a guns n roses tour. like SOD, Better, IRS, madagascar, if the world, chinese democracy, catcher in the rye, TWAT, and TIL live. TIL most of all. robin breaks ground on TIL. the solo is EPIC. not since slash............has there been better solo in rock than robin's solo with TIL. axl should give robin the chance to play the solo live. i'd given robin a chance!

Offline axl_rose1990

• Stage Hand
    • "Once upon a time there was a Shackler..."
    « Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 06:41:23 AM »
  • Publish
  • No offence or anything, but I never saw Robin as a full member Guns N' Roses, every time I think of him being in GN'R i think of the 2001-2002 shows, and they were not up to scratch, compared to the 2009-now shows, DJ Ashba has been a breath of fresh air, and really works well with everyone, and you can now see a friendship and fun on stage, and to be fair, DJ's version of the solo in 'This I Love', is fucking brilliant.
    I'm not hating on Robin, but he wasn't exactly brilliant, his work on CD was good, kudos to him, also his style really did NOT suit GN'R.
    All in all, since DJ has arrived, the band has evolved into this none stop working, fun, exciting band with breath taking performances and 2-3 hour shows.... and then compare that to the band in 2001/2002
    Rant over  :D
    GN'R - Birmingham '06 - Birmingham '10 -Birmingham '12

Offline fincksta

• ChiDem Rocker
    « Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 10:00:32 AM »
  • Publish
  • No offence or anything, but I never saw Robin as a full member Guns N' Roses, every time I think of him being in GN'R i think of the 2001-2002 shows, and they were not up to scratch, compared to the 2009-now shows, DJ Ashba has been a breath of fresh air, and really works well with everyone, and you can now see a friendship and fun on stage, and to be fair, DJ's version of the solo in 'This I Love', is fucking brilliant.
    I'm not hating on Robin, but he wasn't exactly brilliant, his work on CD was good, kudos to him, also his style really did NOT suit GN'R.
    All in all, since DJ has arrived, the band has evolved into this none stop working, fun, exciting band with breath taking performances and 2-3 hour shows.... and then compare that to the band in 2001/2002

what you see with dj, is what robin had with axl before dj ashba. robin was a breath of fresh air. robin was a breath of fresh air from slash. robin and axl had fun on stage together. robin and tommy had lots of fun together on stage. dj and tommy had no chemistry. bumble and tommy have no chemistry. you sound like a guy putting over dj ashba just because dj ashba is in the band. cause 2002 shows killer. 2001 killer. 2006 killer. watch new jersey. robin puts on the ultimate solo. better than dj solos dj does. doesn't matter whether a show is 3 hours or 2. the fact is robin finck was a game changer. robin made guns n roses great every night live   
    « Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 10:27:32 AM by fincksta »

Offline axl_rose1990

• Stage Hand
    « Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 11:33:34 AM »
  • Publish

what you see with dj, is what robin had with axl before dj ashba. robin was a breath of fresh air. robin was a breath of fresh air from slash. robin and axl had fun on stage together. robin and tommy had lots of fun together on stage. dj and tommy had no chemistry. bumble and tommy have no chemistry. you sound like a guy putting over dj ashba just because dj ashba is in the band. cause 2002 shows killer. 2001 killer. 2006 killer. watch new jersey. robin puts on the ultimate solo. better than dj solos dj does. doesn't matter whether a show is 3 hours or 2. the fact is robin finck was a game changer. robin made guns n roses great every night live   

Okay point taken.. you seem to have just taken everything I have said... and switched it around, what I am saying is yes, Robin may of been a breath of fresh air back in 1998-2007, but looking back, there seemed to be no chemistry (not that i can see anyway), i also can't help but notice mistakes that Robin makes while watching clips from old shows, and yes DJ can make mistakes to, but their not so severe. Also i think i speak for everyone when i say this, since DJ has joined this group, the band has got better, live. Their performances are stronger and tighter, and DJ must be good if Axl decided they can bring Estranged and Civil War back, I believe he wouldn't of allowed the band to play Estranged if Robin was still there, due to his style of playing and mistakes he can make, which would ultimately ruin the song, therefor piss the fans off.

Offline fincksta

• ChiDem Rocker
    « Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 11:49:52 AM »
  • Publish

Okay point taken.. you seem to have just taken everything I have said... and switched it around, what I am saying is yes, Robin may of been a breath of fresh air back in 1998-2007, but looking back, there seemed to be no chemistry (not that i can see anyway), i also can't help but notice mistakes that Robin makes while watching clips from old shows, and yes DJ can make mistakes to, but their not so severe. Also i think i speak for everyone when i say this, since DJ has joined this group, the band has got better, live. Their performances are stronger and tighter, and DJ must be good if Axl decided they can bring Estranged and Civil War back, I believe he wouldn't of allowed the band to play Estranged if Robin was still there, due to his style of playing and mistakes he can make, which would ultimately ruin the song, therefor piss the fans off.

i switched it around cause it's true

with chemistry, robin and axl had chemistry. robin and tommy had chemistry. dj and bumble don't have chemistry with tommy. axl and di don't a lot of chemistry. they go their own ways on stage. robin and axl were stuck together like glue

as for mistakes. dj messes up robin's TIL EPIC solo every time. dj doesn't do it justice. dj takes his hands off the guitar a lot. dj's lazy. dj smokes during solos. robin is professional. robin doesn't showboat like dj. robin doesn't think he's hulk hogan like dj does. robin is a classic rock guitarist. robin is a rock guitarist. robin takes it serious on stage

robin would be embraced by the fans if he came back. i know i'd embrace robin!

Offline axl_rose1990

• Stage Hand
    « Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 12:01:06 PM »
  • Publish

with chemistry, robin and axl had chemistry. robin and tommy had chemistry. dj and bumble don't have chemistry with tommy. axl and di don't a lot of chemistry. they go their own ways on stage. robin and axl were stuck together like glue

as for mistakes. dj messes up robin's TIL EPIC solo every time. dj doesn't do it justice. dj takes his hands off the guitar a lot. dj's lazy. dj smokes during solos. robin is professional. robin doesn't showboat like dj. robin doesn't think he's hulk hogan like dj does. robin is a classic rock guitarist. robin is a rock guitarist. robin takes it serious on stage

I've ignored everything you've just said as i cba to repeat myself (once again), but 2 points..
    1 - DJ IS professional, he warms up the crowd, hes fun, hes creative, always up for meeting and greeting, i dont care if he smokes whilst playing or if he decides to jump head first into the drum kit... he has fun, he plays the songs to perfection and he does the band justice.
    2 - Robin is not a classic rock guitarist, he's more industrial, alternative and hard rock..... NOT classic.

If you're going to stand up for Robin, please get your facts straight :)
    Thank you

Offline fincksta

• ChiDem Rocker
    « Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 12:52:17 PM »
  • Publish

I've ignored everything you've just said as i cba to repeat myself (once again), but 2 points..
    1 - DJ IS professional, he warms up the crowd, hes fun, hes creative, always up for meeting and greeting, i dont care if he smokes whilst playing or if he decides to jump head first into the drum kit... he has fun, he plays the songs to perfection and he does the band justice.
    2 - Robin is not a classic rock guitarist, he's more industrial, alternative and hard rock..... NOT classic.

If you're going to stand up for Robin, please get your facts straight :)
    Thank you

you ignore everything. but i don't ignore anything

so everything you said about dj you can say about robin too. robin is fun, warm, warms up the crowd, creative, always up for meet and greet with fans. i had a meet and greet with robin. robin is friendly with fans too

dj isn't professional. he poses during a song. robin doesn't pose. robin never takes his hands off the guitar during a guns n roses song either. dj does.

robin is classic rock. robin plays slash songs as classic rock. robin plays sweet child o mine and other slash classics better live than dj does. robin is classic rock. i don't know what dj is. he's something else

i have my facts right. i've been to many guns n roses live shows with robin finck and i see the facts with my own eyes through robin finck   

Facebook Comments

GNR Audio N' Video
    GNR Tracker