Author Topic: Where's the new singer in VR??  (Read 1780 times)

Offline Estranged_85

• Stage Hand
Where's the new singer in VR??
« on: February 12, 2012, 03:45:53 PM »
  • Publish
  • so where's the new singer in VR? Slash n duff talked about audition in dec if i'm correct.. and after xmas... so where's the dude??

maybe it aint gonna happen at all.. i don't know..

what do you guys think? =)
    Life Sucks But In A Beautiful Kind Of Way

sweden

Offline ripper1

• GNR Shredder
    • whatever rocks your socks*
    Re: Where's the new singer in VR??
    « Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 03:49:16 PM »
  • Publish
  • I donk know but Slash is getting ready to release his new solo album and then tour.
    Stand for something or you will die
    for nothing.

Offline Estranged_85

• Stage Hand
    « Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 04:13:17 PM »
  • Publish
  • yeah that's what i mean.. maybe VR aint gonna happen no more.. on the other side.. it's hard to find a singer if you build up your career with one of the best rock singers in modern history ;)

sweden

Offline Sean

• Admin of the Mofo
    • 'ChiDem' CEO
    • ChiDem Frontline
    • only castles burning..
      • http://WWW.GUNSNROSES.US
    « Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 11:10:50 AM »
  • Publish
  • uhh they just had a reunion show last month? :D   am I right?
    What are your current thoughts about Kurt Cobain?

Axl: I said I'm going on ChiDem now and he said whatever & walked away other than that I've been busy.

Offline Estranged_85

• Stage Hand
    « Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 04:49:29 PM »
  • Publish

yes they had a reunion but that doesn't mean that they're gonna go with scott. it was only for that show.. scott's out

sweden

Offline Babbles

• ChiDem Rocker
    • Get two birds stoned at the same time!
    « Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 07:23:02 PM »
  • Publish
  • Slash is going to be super busy with Myles for all of this year and maybe most of next..I would imagine 2013 if anything is going to happen at all with this band  :'(
    i'm on better drugs yeeeaaaah. robin, bucket, and brain drugs. sebastian n' lars drug too

Offline Sean

• Admin of the Mofo
    • 'ChiDem' CEO
    • ChiDem Frontline
    • only castles burning..
    « Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 05:20:43 PM »
  • Publish

yes they had a reunion but that doesn't mean that they're gonna go with scott. it was only for that show.. scott's out

IMO Scott and Kushner are the only ones without their heads up their own asses is the reason why VR doesn't have a new singer.

Axl: I said I'm going on ChiDem now and he said whatever & walked away other than that I've been busy.

Offline Babbles

• ChiDem Rocker
    « Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 07:19:53 PM »
  • Publish
  • nah they're are busy
    i'm on better drugs yeeeaaaah. robin, bucket, and brain drugs. sebastian n' lars drug too

Offline King bumb.l.foot II

• 10Sun Risen
    • KINGSHIP
    • Sweeeeeeeeet Adelineeeeeeeeee
    « Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 01:50:31 AM »
  • Publish

IMO Scott and Kushner are the only ones without their heads up their own asses is the reason why VR doesn't have a new singer.

Agree.

Slash should quit this Myles Kennedy association and go back to Velevt Revolver.  In my opinion, his work in Velvet Revolver is the only relevant and interesting stuff he has done since Guns.

Scott has to be the singer, he is an integral part of that band, imagine Myles Kennedy on a VR album?  He sounds good for 1 or 2 songs then his blandness is overwhelmingly boring.

Slash's second solo album with Myles as the singer on every song is gonna blow so hard that i am not even considering buying it.  The first one was purchased out of intrigue but i found myself getting bored with hearing Slash "play it safe" as it were.

Offline Estranged_85

• Stage Hand
    « Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 08:37:35 AM »
  • Publish
  • ehhh okey... scott's not worthy a place in VR.. he even made duff do drugs again and he brought bad vibes in that band for all other members..

look at this for example n see how "Good" scott's live perfgormance are  :puke:
    i'm embarrest just watching him..

Velvet Revolver - Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love/Runaround

sweden

Offline Estranged_85

• Stage Hand
    « Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 09:12:11 AM »
  • Publish
  • if i could choose a singer in VR it would be josh todd from Buckcherry =)

sweden

Offline Babbles

• ChiDem Rocker
    « Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 06:54:29 PM »
  • Publish

Agree.

Slash should quit this Myles Kennedy association and go back to Velevt Revolver.  In my opinion, his work in Velvet Revolver is the only relevant and interesting stuff he has done since Guns.

Scott has to be the singer, he is an integral part of that band, imagine Myles Kennedy on a VR album?  He sounds good for 1 or 2 songs then his blandness is overwhelmingly boring.

Slash's second solo album with Myles as the singer on every song is gonna blow so hard that i am not even considering buying it.  The first one was purchased out of intrigue but i found myself getting bored with hearing Slash "play it safe" as it were.

I just like how he plays his own material and doesn't have to cover another guitarists songs to be recognized..He's what we call original!

Offline King bumb.l.foot II

• 10Sun Risen
    • KINGSHIP
    • Sweeeeeeeeet Adelineeeeeeeeee
    « Reply #12 on: February 17, 2012, 03:50:39 AM »
  • Publish

Agree.

I just like how he plays his own material and doesn't have to cover another guitarists songs to be recognized..He's what we call original!

The guy is a fantastic player, he has wrote some insanely good riffs, licks and solos, I am not doubting that.  What i was saying is that in my opinion, nothing he has written (except Messages) since Contraband, has blown me away.  There have been moments within songs where he has impressed me but as a whole, i haven't been totally engaged with anything he has done outside of Guns or VR.  Live is a different matter, he is one hell of a live performer, i love his improvisation.

Offline Sean

• Admin of the Mofo
    • 'ChiDem' CEO
    • ChiDem Frontline
    • only castles burning..
    « Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 10:08:04 AM »
  • Publish
  • ehhh okey... scott's not worthy a place in VR.. he even made duff do drugs again and he brought bad vibes in that band for all other members..

look at this for example n see how "Good" scott's live perfgormance are  :puke:
    i'm embarrest just watching him..

Velvet Revolver - Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love/Runaround

Did Duff say that in rehab?  That Scott made me do it?    anyway I don't know anything about that and probably either do you. Slash was on opiate addiction admittedly himself in VR.  maybe that's why he sucked/halfwitted/disappointed me many times I seen him with VR.  Towards the end I was just sad...  I seen many VR shows.....   and they had their heads up their asses period.  While Scott sang/screamed/worked his ass off to the crowd and for art. 

Don't get me wrong....  I'm a huge Slash fan and Duff fan.    but they refuse to innovate much and stick to IMAGE over music thus the head insertion.

I agree with The King up there. 

and also with Scott, STP had more imagination and skill as a whole.  and yes with VR its hard at times for Scott to sing over the half feel playing dooshbag playing one dimensional nonsense.   

:)  anyway that vid.... not bad.. especially considering the venue
    « Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 10:42:55 AM by Sean »

Facebook Comments

GNR Audio N' Video
    GNR Tracker