Author Topic: Slash- You're a Lie (Full song)  (Read 1260 times)

Offline Babbles

• ChiDem Rocker
  • Get two birds stoned at the same time!
Re: Slash- You're a Lie (Full song)
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 12:57:24 PM »
  • Publish
  • what we need here is Lou Reed

I think what we need is a bottle of Jack getting cracked open in that studio room they have!
    i'm on better drugs yeeeaaaah. robin, bucket, and brain drugs. sebastian n' lars drug too

Offline Robbie

• CD Charter Mofo
    • ChiDem Frontline
    « Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 02:15:58 PM »
  • Publish

I think what we need is a bottle of Jack getting cracked open in that studio room they have!

Sadly, you know that may be the missing link these days

Offline Babbles

• ChiDem Rocker
    • Get two birds stoned at the same time!
    « Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 07:24:58 PM »
  • Publish

Oh there is no denying it! One of the main reasons we don't get great rock anymore, everybody is a pussy or they over did it in the 80's!
    i'm on better drugs yeeeaaaah. robin, bucket, and brain drugs. sebastian n' lars drug too

Offline Sean

• Admin of the Mofo
    • 'ChiDem' CEO
    • ChiDem Frontline
    • only castles burning..
      • http://WWW.GUNSNROSES.US
    « Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 08:03:45 PM »
  • Publish

Oh there is no denying it! One of the main reasons we don't get great rock anymore, everybody is a pussy or they over did it in the 80's!

couldn't sleep so.... was thinking about this wondering if I am too hard on the song or prejudging.  I do have parts of the chorus stuck in my head. That doesn't mean much though huh.   Then I found it hard to believe that they will do the album on limited or single takes for the songs. THEN I came to the conclusion, at least for this song, it doesn't make sooo much difference for that real feel.  I know some bands that I can hear the difference right off and it works so good because there is so much karma going on and feel  and human complexity.  Instead I'm hearing 80's riffs with Slash over it. no gel

Another interesting way is how Mad Season 'Above' album speaks to you, chills you, haunts you, and sounds honest. and I'm pretty sure much of the music was one off recordings and the album was done in a week.

McCready said, "We did all the Mad Season music in about seven days. It took Layne just a few more days to finish his vocals, which was intense since we only rehearsed twice and did four shows. So this has been the most spontaneous thing I've ever been involved in. This was done even quicker than Temple of the Dog which took about four weeks...With Mad Season we just went in and started jamming on tunes and everybody had ideas and it just happened with three or four days."

McCready said, "I told [Staley]...'You do what you want, you write all the songs and lyrics. You're the singer.' He'd come in, and he'd do these beautiful songs." During the making of the album, Staley read The Prophet by Khalil Gibran. Martin said, "Layne Staley felt as though he was on a spiritual mission through his music. Not a rock mission, a spiritual mission."

Staley said of the album: "I was more satisfied with the Mad Season record than any other recordings I'd done."

like I said its kool they are promoting that but I really can't feel it ....... yet.   Slash makes it sound like one takes with basic tracks ? and no layering?  I'm not believing that yet.  The vid promotes it well but hmmmmm. I don't feel like I'm in the room.
    « Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 08:09:08 PM by Sean »
    What are your current thoughts about Kurt Cobain?

Axl: I said I'm going on ChiDem now and he said whatever & walked away other than that I've been busy.

Offline Tronx

• GNR Shredder
    • Guns N Fucking Roses
    « Reply #18 on: March 02, 2012, 06:07:00 PM »
  • Publish
  • I pretty straight rock song,  I like it , But is not that great either . Doesn't have anything new. That¨s why I think GNR was basically izzy and Axl.

Facebook Comments

GNR Audio N' Video
    GNR Tracker