Author Topic: New Song too Rock ""This is the time to really stick to your guns."  (Read 1384 times)

Online Sean

• Admin of the Mofo
  • 'ChiDem' CEO
  • ChiDem Frontline
  • only castles burning..
    • http://WWW.GUNSNROSES.US
BRACE yourself for the bad news. Slash, one of the world's greatest living guitarists, has made a new record so rock that rock stations probably won't play it.

As fans and industry insiders were given a world exclusive preview of his Apocalyptic Love album at Triple M headquarters this week, there were suggestions the Australian guitar-friendly station won't be adding its songs to their playlist.

"Here in Australia it seems to have been welcomed but in the States there are two speeds - what used to be alternative rock, which is now mainstream rock, and classic rock. There's no in-between," Slash said.

Hard rock fans turned out last weekend for the Soundwave Festival at the Sydney Showgrounds where Slash played with Alter Bridge.

Seeing more than 50,000 black T-shirted and tattooed fans confirmed Slash's faith even as the music industry seems increasingly disinterested in signing new rock acts.

"The more alienated rock becomes, the more I feel I really have to hold the flag," he said.

"I know there's going to be a creative revolution where playing stuff from the heart is going to end up being more important than the cookie cutter commercial stuff.

"This is the time to really stick to your guns."

As well as the new album and an Australian tour in September, Slash fans can expect him to reveal another creative endeavour next year - his first horror movie.

His Slasher Films production company begins shooting its first feature in April and he expects it to hit cinemas in mid-2013. [stop]

Pretty nice quick video interview here. Talks about Album, Drugs and stuff, and says it doesn't sound like Guns
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/why-slash-is-burning-with-anger/story-e6frfn09-1226284458263
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 08:45:51 AM by Sean »
What are your current thoughts about Kurt Cobain?

Axl: I said I'm going on ChiDem now and he said whatever & walked away other than that I've been busy.

Offline Babbles

• ChiDem Rocker
  • Get two birds stoned at the same time!
"It wasn't a battle, I enjoyed it!"

-Slash on his drug abuse lol
i'm on better drugs yeeeaaaah. robin, bucket, and brain drugs. sebastian n' lars drug too

Online Sean

• Admin of the Mofo
  • 'ChiDem' CEO
  • ChiDem Frontline
  • only castles burning..
pretty kewl to see

Slash in the Studio // Episode Four

Its unclear to me just how far they took this approach, but its a good one for sure. 

"It wasn't a battle, I enjoyed it!"

-Slash on his drug abuse lol

:D 

Axl: I said I'm going on ChiDem now and he said whatever & walked away other than that I've been busy.

Offline King bumb.l.foot II

• 10Sun Risen
  • KINGSHIP
  • Sweeeeeeeeet Adelineeeeeeeeee
totally agree, capturing a vibe in a room is a hard thing to do on a record, this HAS to help.

Offline Babbles

• ChiDem Rocker
That vid is mint! And if you ever seen these guys live you would know how tight they are. Recording in this room is a sweet idea, I just hope they have better stuff than that new song that was released :smoking:
i'm on better drugs yeeeaaaah. robin, bucket, and brain drugs. sebastian n' lars drug too

Offline sol_hudson

• ChiDem Rocker
I've not listened to a single radio station in YEARS! This does'nt matter much to me.

Offline machinegunlotus

• GNR Shredder
Man can Slash talk a lotta shit...

Offline machinegunlotus

• GNR Shredder
eg. "The more alienated rock becomes, the more I feel I really have to hold the flag," he said.

You have to for your sponsors, Splash...

Online Sean

• Admin of the Mofo
  • 'ChiDem' CEO
  • ChiDem Frontline
  • only castles burning..
"Here in Australia it seems to have been welcomed but in the States there are two speeds - what used to be alternative rock, which is now mainstream rock, and classic rock. There's no in-between," Slash said.

This statement really bugs me... However, I can't seem to put my finger on it.

a. we know corporate radio sucks along with the royalty companies

b. 'Classic Rock' music is so much with diversity in all speeds. So he basically says nothing. Slash needs Lou Reed or Robin Finck... not sure yet. maybe both.

also like WTF do you call illusions?

Offline machinegunlotus

• GNR Shredder

it's called "a cop-out".

Online Sean

• Admin of the Mofo
  • 'ChiDem' CEO
  • ChiDem Frontline
  • only castles burning..

it's called "a cop-out".

haha thanks!!     :D  nailed it

Offline Babbles

• ChiDem Rocker

a. we know corporate radio sucks along with the royalty companies

b. 'Classic Rock' music is so much with diversity in all speeds. So he basically says nothing. Slash needs Lou Reed or Robin Finck... not sure yet. maybe both.

also like WTF do you call illusions?
I find him getting very cocky since this album. Going on about holding the flag for rock and stuff like that..It's actually starting to bother me especially with a song like "you're a lie" to back him up..

Online Sean

• Admin of the Mofo
  • 'ChiDem' CEO
  • ChiDem Frontline
  • only castles burning..
ftw

Henry Rollins

Offline Babbles

• ChiDem Rocker
Is dat da guy fom black ffag??

Facebook Comments

GNR Audio N' Video
GNR Tracker